Consumer behavior is changing and online spending is increasing rapidly. There is a big opportunity for Irish businesses to grow and access a wider market, expand their business and create more jobs. Statistics
Consumer behavior is changing and online spending is increasing rapidly. There is a big opportunity for Irish businesses to grow and access a wider market, expand their business and create more jobs. Statistics suggest that only 32% of small companies are engaged in e-commerce sales in Ireland and that 70% of the €850,000 spent online by Irish consumers per hour is going overseas.
The ‘Trading Online Voucher’ scheme, financed by the Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment aims to encourage small businesses to develop their online presence through a website or digital marketing strategy by availing of a Trading Online Voucher of up to €2,500 or 50% of their eligible expenditure, whichever is the lesser. Businesses looking to apply for the Trading Online Voucher must be trading for a minimum of 6 months to qualify, employ less than 10 employees and be located in County Wicklow.
The seminar will help participants to understand and determine the best approach to establish and increase their online presence and trade online. Applicants for the Trading Online Voucher must attend a Trading Online Information Seminar.
This half day event will cover the following areas, which will help in deciding what your business needs to start trading online, the application process and if successful in your application, what is required in order to drawdown the funding.
The Seminar will cover:
- Why does my business need to be Online?
- Targeting Customers – YOU and your Audience
- Search Engine Optimisation – Being visible online in online searches
- Being found – setting up your website
- Live Demo in WordPress – Building your business website
- Social Media Marketing – how to develop a digital marketing strategy for your business
- Information on the Online Trading Voucher
- Top tips on how to fill in the application form
(Wednesday) 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm