Programme Overview The course consists of 4 modules covering extensive content including all key aspects to integrate online marketing and social media effectively. The course is designed for the owners of
The course consists of 4 modules covering extensive content including all key aspects to integrate online marketing and social media effectively. The course is designed for the owners of existing small businesses as well as individuals who are looking to start a new business.
This programme will highlight the importance and value of marketing on-line by delivering a comprehensive understanding of the various tools and techniques available. Each participant will be guided on how best to develop and execute an online and web marketing strategy that meets the needs of their business. The programme will run over 4 weeks, 4 hour session per week, which includes a wrap up session on the final week.
This programme aims to introduce participants to build an online strategy for their business. It should include information on integrating all of the online tools at their disposal, including advice on making their website work for them, online advertising options, social media campaigns planning across various platforms, options on various mass email tools, and using analytical tools to measure performance.
Module 1: How the Internet has impacted marketing?
- The Internet – how did we get here?
- Overview of Internet marketing (understanding the market, campaigns, and measure of success)
- New marketing strategy (integration of marketing theory and tools)
- Join online conversations and harness the power of recommendation
- Data Protection Law
- Seven Big Players at the moment (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Pinterest and Instagram)
- Other tools and techniques commonly used for business (Skype, Blogging, Google hangouts)
- Successful email marketing campaigns (using email marketing tools e.g. MailChimp etc.)
- Emerging trends (Cloud computing services and mobile apps)
Module 2: Social Media Marketing
- What is Pay Per Click (PPC) Advertising?
- Website Analytics/Google Analytics
- Google AdWords
- Facebook Adverts
- Live Demo
- Fastest Way to Get Ads on Google/Facebook
Module 3: Effective Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) & Search Engine Marketing
- Introduction to SEO (including search engine basics)
- Onsite optimisation (make your website more appealing to search engines)
- Choose the most valuable keywords for your site
- Understand what is working for your competitors and why they rank
- Learn why links from other websites matter and how to get them
- Learn how social media and other marketing complement your SEO
- Reporting and analysis
- How to setup an online store
- eCommerce solutions
- What are online payment systems available?
- Online marketing strategies
- Top tips in selling online
- Legal considerations and issues on selling online
Module 4: Building & Promoting a Website & Programme Recap
- Creating a blog
- Writing winning web content
- Creating viral videos
- Testing your website
- Best practices in creative development and creative planning
- Vital role of colour, design and function
- Effective messaging and eye-catching visuals
- Case Studies (in between sessions)
(Tuesday) 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
National College of Ireland
Mayor Street Lower, International Financial Services Centre, Dublin